I graduated in December 2009 and I am learning MORE now that I am out of college. All being self taught for my enjoyment and to stay on top of the changing trends in the business world. I am putting more time and effort in now than I did during college. I am also having to absorb a lot more because of how much information I am taking in daily. Honestly I am not sure how long I will be able to go at this pace. I am currently teaching myself about SEO, proper social media use for different brands and other topics. My class load is huge right now and it is getting harder for me to retain this information. To help aid myself in this task I am starting to teach myself like this was a class and taking notes to review later and less like a hobby.
How am I continuing my education?
- Watching numerous webinars on topics that interest me including social media, marketing, and engagement.
- Reading numerous books on marketing. Some books I recommend are UnMarketing: Stop Marketing. Start Engaging (affiliate link if I did it correctly) and Twitter Works.
- I read numerous blogs every day a quick list of my top 5 because of the content, quality, and consistency are:
- Writing blog posts talking about marketing and getting my ideas out onto the web.
- Conversing with other marketing professionals on Twitter and Linkedin.
Photo credit: ZadorSpain
What webinars are you watching and participating in? What books are you currently reading or would recommend that I and others read? Which are the blogs you read daily, I read more than those 5 but they all offer consistent quality posts.