Now on to the ways for me to follow you and to get my attention
- Follow me first- This is a basic start, but just because you are following me doesn't mean I will follow you back. I follow about 1/3 of the people who follow me mainly because I don't have time to read thousands of tweets. I also only check my followers once a week to see if I have any new followers.
- Have a logical reason to be following me- If you are following me you should be doing so for a reason.
A. Are in my geographic location (Milwaukee or Appleton, Wisconsin).
B. Have a common interest whether it is video games, sports, G4, Olivia Munn (OMFG), or some other commonality.
C. Like my awesome, witty, hilarious tweets. Which I am sorry have been lacking a lot as of late.
D. Or most importantly are in the marketing or a similar industry.
- Don't have half your tweets be from apps- I had a hard time wording this but in lament's terms don't have most of your feed be filled with foursquare check ins or similar programs (gowalla) and to a much lesser extent songs from Blip or what video you rated on youtube. Now don't get me wrong its fine to use these apps and post where you are or what you are listening to I just don't want that to be all you do or tweet about.
- Have quality tweets in your timeline- This goes back to point 3 but if you are a new follow the last 20 or so of your tweets determines if I am going to follow you back. Comical tweets are great for a follow but tweets that have information and something I can learn from is best. Have a reason for me to follow you.
- Have a conversation with me- Reply to one of my tweets let me know you are following me and reading what I tweet. Let me know that you exist, this is one of the main ways I follow you.